Wednesday 13 May 2015

Good Things Come in Twos

A cancelled work engagement is invariably an opportunity for a cycle. This morning, I found myself in Irvine for a meeting that never was and sometimes that's a good thing. So, I quickly revised my plans and headed home to change into my cycling gear, collect my bike and head in to work at Kilbirnie.

That was the first positive thing.

The second positive was discovering a lost Fiver down the back of my bedside cabinet - and now a cake from the bakers would be my treat on arrival at work - Yowser!

The Skydiver in question

Unfortunately though, good things don't always come in threes, as I discovered when I punctured a tyre before I'd even got out of Kilwinning. Never mind, there was no time pressure and I took my time changing the tube before boldly setting off again, over the viaduct and up the Blair on a well-travelled route that I still enjoy immensely.

Eventually, the fourth positive thing arrived when I discovered that I had loads of TOIL. So, I managed to deal with a shedload of work stuff (as well as a tasty cake!) before finishing early and taking the long way home - 25 miles to be precise. Kilbirnie - Beith - Lugton - Dunlop - Stewarton - Kilmaurs - Cunninghamehead - Benslie, and home again, pleasantly knackered but thoroughly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment